SkyLegion|Site Info
Main Forum

Curse and inappropriate word blocker

6 replies
slimjim1990 Titan
13 posts
+6 Diamonds
Titan
Hello my name is slimjim. Afew others and I have noticed a lot of cursing on the server and I personally don't think its good for the server. I would like to suggest that we get some kind of curse blocker. for example and bad or inappropriate word would change too f*** , b**** , d*** , c**** , p****. things like this. People can still understand it if they know what it is and it makes it better for the kids to play on the server.

If you vote no please explain why.

thank you for reading.
Curse Blocker
6 votes
46.2%
No curse blocker
7 votes
53.8%
Number of voters: 13
Posted Feb 6, 14 · OP · Last edited Feb 6, 14
0  Diamonds
marawren King
60 posts
+4 Diamonds
King
This is a good idea, but it technically already handled through Staff tempban / banning people. Also, the blockers that I have seen can block innocent words like scrap or assassin. Keep in mind that if a player wants to curse, he can easily get around by adding spaces or enters between each letter - l i k e
t
h
i
s
Posted Feb 13, 14 · Last edited Feb 13, 14
0  Diamonds
alec89 Admin
191 posts
+55 Diamonds
+1290 Points
Admins
Admin
I'm sorry, but I don't like this idea. Cursing is allowed on the server, and always will be. While some players chose to abuse that privilege, that is their own prerogative. Those players seen spamming or being hurtful with cursing will be disciplined.
Posted Feb 13, 14
+1  Diamonds
 Diamonds
slimjim1990 Titan
13 posts
+6 Diamonds
+100 Points
Titan
I understand that, just that I see a lot of cursing, its not just here or there its like someone doing a sentence and 90% of the words in it is all curse words. also some people cursing each other out. just saying that a lot of people abuse it.
Posted Feb 13, 14 · OP
0  Diamonds
CycilaNightton AdminKing
434 posts
+71 Diamonds
Admins
Admin
King
I agree with slim, alec. to much has been done lately of that rule being broken. and many of the staff are joining in with them.
Posted Feb 13, 14
0  Diamonds
92 posts
+11 Diamonds
King
Not to be rude in any way, but I dislike the idea. & I'm also cutting down on swearing. I don't do it as much as I used to.
Posted Feb 23, 14 · Last edited Feb 23, 14
0  Diamonds
TinieTerror ModeratorTitan
183 posts
+58 Diamonds
Titan
I'd rather have it so they sound idiotic, i know a few servers if you swear on them it changes the word completely e.g if someone got annoyed and said "Imma F*** you up. B****" It says" Imma love you up. Meow"
Posted Feb 23, 14
+1  Diamonds
 Diamonds
Top Posters
434 Posts
CycilaNightton AdminKing
265 Posts
213 Posts
191 Posts
alec89 Admin
183 Posts
TinieTerror ModeratorTitan